April 6, 2012

Well Hello There

Happy Flowers!

Long time no post.

I've been trying to post something for a week and it just hasn't happened. It's really hard to type out a whole post with one hand.

And really, all I have to talk about is random gibberish stuffs. How about some crafty things?


I did finish that apron. Sorry for the crap picture. I still need to put the pocket it on it, though. I think it turned out ok, but it's not my favorite apron. I like the design of it, I think it's just the colors I'm not wild about (I'm not really a pink kinda girl). The top, I love. The bottom... I'll be adjusting it on the next one. It flares out a little too much. But I have the material washed and ready to go, just need to find the time to get it cut out...

I won't even bother showing you the knitting since it hasn't changed much since last week. Just two more rows of beads which look just about the same. It's really hard to bead with one hand too. ;)

I have spent the last week slowly spending my Christmas money. It's hard for me to spend money on frivolous stuff. But after a crazed cookie baking fest on Friday in which I had to make creative use of my one cooling rack... I went a little nuts on Amazon and bought some goodies.


I ordered myself some stacking cooling racks (perfect for my severe lack of counter space), a bundt pan, a mini muffin pan, and a jumbo muffin pan (not pictured). Then the next day I ordered myself a copy of Nourishing Traditions which just got here. And then I went super girly and bought myself an eyeshadow palette and brush kit. That is so out of the norm for me but I got it this morning and tried it out and I think I found something new to waste my time on. (Ha!)

Boysenberries in bloom
An artichoke cometh
The boysenberry picture is just the very, very tip of the iceberg. There are so many more blooms than that. We shall be swimming in berries pretty soon. I hope extended family members *cough* Rachel *cough* like all things boysenberry...

My baby sister's bridal shower was last Saturday and it was my job to make cookies (thus the bake fest of Friday). And it just so happened that I got that Taste of Home Cookie book the day before my mom told me what to bring... I might have gone a wee bit overboard.

Like over 15 dozen cookies overboard.

There were so many I wanted to try! Here's what I made

5 1/2 dozen Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies (just the cookies, no filling. They're good by themselves)
5 dozen Mocha Crackle Cookies
4 dozen Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
And 3 1/2 dozen chocolate chip cookies from the freezer

They're all really good but I've heard people raving about the Mocha ones. Ben took a whole tray of leftovers to work and he said they disappeared first.

Jack also wanted me to make these cookies, which I did and they were pretty stinkin' good too.

And now, I have 3 weeks to fit nicely into a bridesmaid dress... So I started (sort of) serious exercise yesterday and am limiting my goodie intake. But I have to keep my calorie intake up since I'm feeding the little guy. So we'll see how this turns out.

Happy Easter!
Meg


8 comments:

Kessie said...

Wow, you did a proper blog post, with pictures and everything! That's much better than I was doing after I had my behbeh. Also I think I'm going to make those coconut ones with the chocolate. Maybe with leftover Easter candy. Can you imagine them with a Cadbury mini egg on each one?

Farm Girl said...

Good grief, in 3 weeks you will be normal anyway. As much and that baby chows down all of the time. :)
You already are so tiny. :)
I love the makeup you bought and the brushes. I am so glad you have been having fun. :)
Not to mention your berries look great!

myletterstoemily said...

i think your apron is adorable! how about adding a tiny
little zombie? :)

very nice Christmas purchases!!!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Wow Meg, that's a whole lot of cookies. I bet the boys were chomping at the bit to get to the chocolate chip cookies. My kids use to hang around the kitchen pacing until they were ready. I bet they were a huge success at the shower. I love ordering baking things too.

Rachel said...

It just so happens I LOVE all things boysenberry!
Yay for being almost neighbors!

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

The apron is very cute. I think a pocket will give it the perfect touch! My goodness on the cookies. How in the world did you find the time for all of that??? I've been thinking of buying the Nourishing Traditions book. I know you wrote about it on your site and a few others have too....seems like I'm going to enjoy it. With as much as you do in a given day, you're tiny little self will be back to your regular weight in a matter of hours. :-)

Kim said...

OK Super-Woman. A new baby, baking a million cookies and still crafting... You ROCK Girl! I'm glad you splurged a little on make-up. We all deserve a little treat just for ourselves.

no spring chicken said...

Your yard looks just lovely. It felt a bit springish here yesterday. We played croquet a little later than we should. It required jackets which hadn't been necessary during the egg hunt!

Blessings, Debbie

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...