July 18, 2010

FK: Baby Sweater - Done And Done!

The little sweater is done blocking, and I finished sewing on the buttons about 5 minutes ago. It's ready for Ben to take to work tomorrow to give to the little one's daddy.

I heavily modified the pattern this time. Instead of working the lace edging I decided to use the picot bind off for all of the edges. I mainly did that for time purposes. I was trying to get it done quickly, at it had already taken me longer than I was hoping. I am afraid it might be a wee bit too short though. The lace edging gives about 2-3 more inches on the end and I didn't account for that when binding off. I should have added more stockinette. But Ben said she was small, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Pattern: Baby Jacket adapted from Lace Edge Cardigan from Natural Knits for Babies & Moms by Louisa Harding

Yarn: Ella Rae Baby Cotton in "Peony" - 1 ball and a little more

Needles: Body - US 5/3.75mm & 6/4mm Brittany wood straights
Sleeves - US 6/4mm Susan Bates aluminum double points

YTD Mileage: This sweater weighs in at 2.1 oz which gives about 131 yards. Making my new YTD mileage 2.93 miles! Goodness. It's already July and that's all I've got. Guess I better knit faster.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

I think it is just beautiful. You do such nice work. Sometimes I wish I could have a little girl just so I could have a teeny-tiny sweater for her to wear. :) Way, way just kidding.
You did a very nice job.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...