October 5, 2011

Blustery Goodness


Today looks like this and it makes my little heart sing with contentment!! What a wonderful, beautiful way to start off October.

It held off while the boys and I ran to the store this morning. But about 30 minutes after we got back it started sprinkling, then drizzling, the pouring! It has now, 4 hours later, stopped but I so hope it starts up again and we have rain for days.

We have been so, so busy lately. I don't think I've been home for more than a day in the last week. Between doctor's appointments, getting apples, grocery shopping, and people coming to visit it's been a whirlwind.

Do you notice your desires to do things change with the seasons? For me I go crazy about cleaning in the spring. Today's weather though, puts me happily in the kitchen.

This morning was 7 quarts of chicken stock and the whole chicken from it that is now shredded for future meals, a batch of rice for tonight's dinner,  and two loaves of bread. This afternoon will be Chili Verde sauce for tomorrow's dinner and if I can get to it, tomato sauce for Friday. I'll be busy the next few days so planning ahead it is! Maybe next week I can be home for more than a day. :)

You know what else this weather means?

Zombies.

Mmm hmm.

Happy Stormy Day!
Meg

5 comments:

Farm Girl said...

haha, Zombies!! It sounds nice. I can't wait to see more.
So nice to hear what you have been doing. It is just nice to bake on days like today.

Kessie said...

Hasn't it just been a wonderful day? Glad you got home before it started pouring! You sound like you've been very productive, too. Where'd you go to get apples? I'd like to get some, but I don't know where to go.

myletterstoemily said...

did you say zombies???? woo hoo!

you asked for my address:
lea helmerich
2955 south rockford road
tulsa, ok
74114

green, huh? i'm really curious . . .

Lynn said...

It sounds like you have been busy and productive, Meg. I so agree with you, about how different seasons make you long to do different things. I am heavy into nesting mode right now. I bought some yellow chrysanthemums and planted them in the two containers by the front door yesterday in the pouring rain. It just had to be done! Hope you enjoy your cozy kitchen this time of year.

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Yes, definitely what I desire to do changes with the seasons. I too made homemade bread and soup for the freezer. Thinking that Chili sounds pretty darn good too. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...