June 28, 2012

2012 Resolutions Revisit


It's the middle of the year! (Umm, how did that happen?). And that means a my new year's resolution revisit to see how things are going.

1. Learn & Create!
Boy have I been learning and creating! And it's been wonderful! So many pattern ideas and creations for knitting, a few sewing projects, and I have been reading and learning loads about homeschooling, gardening, knitting, food, and more! Best resolution ever!

2. Have another small creature. This should be done in about two months. ;)
Done!
3. Work on organization! I'm already a fairly organized (read: ever-so-slightly anal) person. But with a new one coming and giving up our office in the next year, things will need to be even more organized than they are already. So, I will be working on ways to get that done. Ok so it mainly pertains to my voluptuous stash of yarn... 
Not exactly as far as I could be on this, but I'm working on it. I think further organization will require getting rid of more excess stuff. I have been working on getting paper-type things into binders instead of floating around the office.

4. Get out of my cooking slump. I have been making the same stupid, boring things over. And over. And over again for months. I need to try some new recipes and find some exciting things. I like casseroles and crock pot recipes for their ease and ability to feed 3 hungry boys and a hungry man, especially with a new babe in tow. If y'all have any suggestions, that would be appreciated.
Well I have been trying new recipes and it has been very nice. The change of culinary scenery is wonderful. I have made some new things like Hungarian Goulash, Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan, different methods to cook our garden harvests, and more.

5. Knit 10 miles. One of these years I will do it! I. WILL. DO. IT.
Ok, I think I would like to formally ask permission to give up on this one. I just don't have the knitting mojo to push myself to get this much done.

6. Make this sweater. I have been drooling over it for a year now. And with yarn gift cards for Christmas I think it might be a possibility this year!
This ain't happening.  I looked up the price for even cheapy natural fiber yarn (not acrylic) and it was near $100. Sorry, but I don't think I love that sweater THAT much.

I think I am really just happy with the "learn and create" portion of my list this year. I have enjoyed taking the time to learn about all kinds of things, or different techniques for things I already know. I am currently obsessed with gardening. We are planning to go for a winter garden this year as well, now that we know what plants grow in what seasons. The process of organic pest control with companion planting is really intriguing and I'm trying to soak up as much as I can about it.   

How are your resolutions going (if you made any)?

Meg

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I think in new baby years, you shouldn't do resolutions. :) I am glad you have done so well though that is amazing.
There is so much change going on. Remember the Proverbs 31 woman was a lifetime of what she accomplished. You have and are doing pretty darn good for just six years. :) I wish I had accomplished half as much as you have already done. :)

Kim said...

Congratulations on your resolution progress. I don't make any - its just a bad reminder of failure.

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

I'm doing GREAT at mine.....I didn't set any. :) I think with all you do in a given day you deserve to let a resolution or two slip by.
Have a great weekend!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I echo Kim's sentiments. I just don't make any. I never stick to them and then I just feel bad about myself. I'm really glad you had some success with your resolutions.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...