December 21, 2009

What's Cookin': Turkey Tetrazzini


I make this quite often and it always goes over well. Today I made it with leftovers!

Turkey Tetrazzini
1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained - .00 (leftovers!)
1/4 C spread - .08
1/4 flour - .04
1/2 tsp salt - .00
1/4 tsp pepper - .00
1 C chicken broth - .04 (I used bouillon)
1 C milk - .14
2 Tbs dry sherry or water - .02 (totally guessing there)
2 C cubed turkey - .00 (leftovers!)
3 Tbs grated Parmesan - .90

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet melt the spread. Add flour, salt and pepper and cook, while stirring, until white and bubbly. Add broth and milk and bring to boil while stirring constantly. Remove from heat, toss in sherry, turkey and pasta. Spread into a greased casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese and bake about 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese starts to brown.


Total: 1.22

Variations: I usually make this with chicken and heavy cream rather than milk. However, I didn't have cream (plus it's expensive) and I had turkey! It's not as rich, but tastes just about the same, only better because the turkey was exceptional. If you were to add in the price of chicken and cream it would add about $3.00 based on prices around here. You could also probably do this with ham, but if you do be careful with the salt. The recipe calls for a can of mushrooms, but Ben doesn't do mushrooms so I leave that part out.

This usually makes around 6 servings - 4 for dinner, 1 for Ben's lunch, and 1 for the kids and I - but tonight... Tonight we ate the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...