January 1, 2012

2012 Goals & Resolutions


Ah, I love the start of a new year, don't you? So many possibilities! And so much time to get things done.

Let's jump right in shall we?

This year is going to be a bit different than past resolution lists. While I have a few actual "To Dos", I feel like this year is going to be more of a theme.

I want this year to be a year of exploring, learning and creating. I want to learn new things this year - knitting techniques, more canning/preserving, business principles, etc.

I have a list of books I'd like to read this year regarding all those topics.

I have a ton of designs in my head I'd like to try out - not just for knitting!

I want to let myself go and see what comes about.

So I think this year my biggest resolution will be:

1. Learn & Create!

And then in addition to that

2. Have another small creature. This should be done in about two months. ;)

3. Work on organization! I'm already a fairly organized (read: ever-so-slightly anal) person. But with a new one coming and giving up our office in the next year, things will need to be even more organized than they are already. So, I will be working on ways to get that done. Ok so it mainly pertains to my voluptuous stash of yarn... 

4. Get out of my cooking slump. I have been making the same stupid, boring things over. And over. And over again for months. I need to try some new recipes and find some exciting things. I like casseroles and crock pot recipes for their ease and ability to feed 3 hungry boys and a hungry man, especially with a new babe in tow. If y'all have any suggestions, that would be appreciated.

5. Knit 10 miles. One of these years I will do it! I. WILL. DO. IT.

6. Make this sweater. I have been drooling over it for a year now. And with yarn gift cards for Christmas I think it might be a possibility this year!

Looks like a good list to me! I thought about adding gardening stuff, but since that all kind of depends on the weather and elements that are not of my control I'll leave that out and hope for the best.

So, what are your goals/resolutions/plans/hopes for the new year?

Happy New Year!
Meg

4 comments:

Kessie said...

I don't know what food to suggest because I don't know what you've done to death. Some of my favorites are taco soup in the crock pot, things like caribbean jerk chicken from that 365crockpot lady, and quesadillas (with meat in them) cooked until crispy under the broiler. (I once had the quesadillas from Baja Fresh and I've been aping them ever since.)

I think those are good resolutions. Mine are things like, "Play all the Sonic games I've missed." :-)

Allison said...

I really don't know what hopes I have for this new year, but I've been thinking about it for some time! :)

I suppose my hopes are to the best mom I can be; to embrace a new job that is both challenging and knee-shaking... and utterly rewarding; to be courageous in the face of adversity; to love without fear.

But it is NOT to knit ten miles! :DD You go girl!

Dawn said...

Learn and Create! I like it.....can I use that one too?:)
Happy new year to you and your family Meg.
Hugs for what lies ahead:))

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

I've decided to attempt the OMC (once a month cooking) concept - spending one day each month to prep many of the meals for the rest of the month. Wish me luck. :) Your bit about organization cracks me up. I'm in the same boat. I organize, re-organize, and then think of something even better that makes me feel more organized and change it up again. I just love things neat and tidy (also read anal). Happy New Year!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...