January 1, 2012
Posted in Journal
Ah, I love the start of a new year, don't you? So many possibilities! And so much time to get things done.
Let's jump right in shall we?
This year is going to be a bit different than past resolution lists. While I have a few actual "To Dos", I feel like this year is going to be more of a theme.
I want this year to be a year of exploring, learning and creating. I want to learn new things this year - knitting techniques, more canning/preserving, business principles, etc.
I have a list of books I'd like to read this year regarding all those topics.
I have a ton of designs in my head I'd like to try out - not just for knitting!
I want to let myself go and see what comes about.
So I think this year my biggest resolution will be:
1. Learn & Create!
And then in addition to that
2. Have another small creature. This should be done in about two months. ;)
3. Work on organization! I'm already a fairly organized (read: ever-so-slightly anal) person. But with a new one coming and giving up our office in the next year, things will need to be even more organized than they are already. So, I will be working on ways to get that done. Ok so it mainly pertains to my voluptuous stash of yarn...
4. Get out of my cooking slump. I have been making the same stupid, boring things over. And over. And over again for months. I need to try some new recipes and find some exciting things. I like casseroles and crock pot recipes for their ease and ability to feed 3 hungry boys and a hungry man, especially with a new babe in tow. If y'all have any suggestions, that would be appreciated.
5. Knit 10 miles. One of these years I will do it! I. WILL. DO. IT.
6. Make this sweater. I have been drooling over it for a year now. And with yarn gift cards for Christmas I think it might be a possibility this year!
Looks like a good list to me! I thought about adding gardening stuff, but since that all kind of depends on the weather and elements that are not of my control I'll leave that out and hope for the best.
So, what are your goals/resolutions/plans/hopes for the new year?
Happy New Year!