June 25, 2013

What I've Been Doing Away from the Computer


I haven't disappeared, I just haven't felt like being on the computer much, or being connected to the world. Do you ever feel like that? Like it's just so much work to leave comments and keep up with everyone? (Not that I don't love all of you and I think you are so wonderful, it's just a little overwhelming sometimes.)

So I've been checking in when it feels right and it's been really nice to be a bit more disconnected from the wires.

We also had a sickness run through the house last week, which certainly doesn't leave time to be on a computer when sick babies need snuggling. (Can I just say, Munchie is a TERRIBLE patient. My goodness that child is whiny and irritable when he's sick! All the others will just sit and snuggle quietly.)

I feel like I've been very busy in the fiber and textile world.

The yellow striped table cloth you see under the flowers is actually a twin size bed sheet I found at Goodwill and cut down. I had to chop off about 8 inches and just re-hemmed one end. I've been having such a hard time finding cute, natural fiber table clothes that don't cost a ridiculous amount of money. I saw the sheet and thought "Bingo!". I love it. I will be looking for more sheets. :)


I finished knitting the Woodburne cardigan. I'm just waiting for it to dry so I can sew the buttons on. I'm very excited about the buttons, but I will share them with you later when I show you it all done.

I've been embroidering on my violas (you know, the ones I started forever ago...) and today when I went to the craft store to get more purple, some tea towels and a few iron on transfers jumped into my arms and demanded I take them home with me. Terribly pushy little things.

I've cut about half of the fabric stack I got for my quilt. I decided I am just going to do squares to start out with and not do anything crazy. I'll finish cutting stuff out and then start piecing.






Duder turned 4! Gosh, 4 already. I remember being very pregnant with him... in the summer... in Southern California... And him taking his own sweet time and coming a week late. And he's still stubborn.

It was a good day. The birthday person gets to pick all their meals for the day, so we had pancakes for breakfast, fast food for lunch (gasp!), and of course, Daddy BBQ'd a tri-tip for dinner. :)


Munchie enjoyed the cupcakes. 

Duder loves to drive cars and trains all around the house, so I decided to make him a road/track mat. I took a canvas drop cloth that I have around for fabric and just used acrylic craft paint to paint some tracks and roads and things, leaving blank spots for them to build buildings with their blocks. Don't laugh at the dead end road. I ran out of paint.

I have almost enough tomatoes to make and can a batch of salsa. All my other veggies are coming along pretty nicely, albeit slowly.

Oh and Ben changed jobs again. Haha. To make a very long, disappointing and frustrating story short, what we were promised from the new place is not what was delivered, so he went back to the previous place (yeah, the one with all the crazy hours) and while it's a bit different right now because they had to hire two people to replace him (and still couldn't get all the work done...have to admit, I'm a little proud of that fact hehe) which means his exact position isn't available at the moment, we're making it work. Hopefully things will settle out soon and get back to normal. But he quit Wednesday and went back to the old place on Thursday and this was all decided in a 24 hour period on Tuesday... I feel like my head hasn't stopped spinning yet. But it's all good. Actually it's really good, because he's happy again. :) It was a long 6 weeks at that new place. Ugh.

Anyhoo. Time to go make dinner.
Happy Tuesday y'all!
Meg

5 comments:

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

My goodness you've had a busy few weeks! I LOVE the sweater!! It's just beautiful. I can't wait to see the tea towels and the canvas for Duder is just too cute. Loved the "pushy little things" jumping in your arms......sometimes that happens to me too! :-)

Kessie said...

Wow, talk about a whirlwind decision! He told us he wasn't happy with the place at the wedding, so I'm not really surprised.

Happy birthday to Duder! Someday we'll be able to jaunt out there for all the birthdays and things. That floor mat is about the coolest thing ever. :-D

Farm Girl said...

I just love that mat you made. That is exceptional. I am sure they love it. Your sweater is so nice. Well, I am glad Ben is happier. I am sure he is taking it as a huge challenge to get them all caught up---single handed. You have been busy and you have had sick kids and you, and your hubby changed jobs. So if you want to not go out into the world, well that is very understandable.
Hang in there.

Amber said...

Hi Meg! I haven't been online much either this past week. I love the cardigan! It's beautiful! I'm excite to see the buttons you chose!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Gosh, that's crazy about Ben's job! As long as he is happy now that is the main thing. I am in love with that cardigan - it is so pretty! And I know what you mean about keeping up with blogging. Sometimes it can be overwhelming!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...