June 8, 2010

What's Cookin': French Bread Pizza

This is such an easy dinner. I haven't had/made French Bread Pizza in so long. It's just like regular pizza, only Frenchier! Ben ate pretty much a whole half by himself. He said it was awesome. I'm sharing this because it was so delicious I couldn't believe I had forgotten about it and I believe everyone needs reminding. :)

French Bread Pizza
1 loaf of French Bread (I get mine fresh from FoodMaxx. The flavor is wonderful, and it's nice and soft. You don't want anything too chewy or it could turn out tough. Lighter is better.)
1 C tomato sauce
2(ish) C shredded cheese of your favorite flavor(s)
Assorted toppings of your choice

Split the loaf in half lengthwise. Spread sauce evenly over bread, then top with cheese and other toppings. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until cheese starts to bubble and crisp.

Notes & Variations: I didn't pre-toast my bread before hand because I didn't remember until after I put the sauce on. Next time I will toast it for a few minutes before hand, but it did turn out fine this time. For the sauce I just had an 8 oz can that I mixed about a teaspoon each of garlic powder and Italian seasoning into. All I had was cheddar, but if I'd had mozzarella I would have done half & half.


1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

It looks yummy, I had forgot about it too. Thanks for your kind comment by the way. Dad wanted me to do it which I thought was funny as you guys have to listen to so many of my stories. See you tomorrow.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...