May 24, 2011

Finished Knits: Babylove Blanket


Woohoo it's finished! This is the first big finished project since March. I feel like I'm seriously falling behind in the knitting department!


I am so glad it's done. Not only do I love all things baby and it just makes me happy that this is baby-related, but I'm pretty sure momma is due next month. (We can't get an actual date out of the daddy, he just gives us how far along she is.)


Now I remember what possessed me to knit a whole blanket in sport weight yarn - I love the feel and texture of small yarn! And this yarn is so wonderfully soft, especially after a good bath. Perfect for a new wee one.


I've named this blanket design Babylove for a few different reasons. The first is that I wanted to put a heart motif in it as a symbol of love and caring. And, Babylove was a song my mom used to sing to me when I was little so I thought it very fitting to go along with it.


Pattern: Babylove Blanket by Meg (pattern coming... eventually)

Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport (60% Pima cotton, 40% Modal) in "Butter" - 490 grams/10 balls

Needles: US 4/3.5mm Susan Bates Circular

Knitline: January 18th - May 23rd (Oh gosh. Take longer next time.)

YTD Mileage: Tiny yarn on tiny needles + big project meant 1,078 yards bringing me to 2.70 miles. Nearly 6 months in and I'm over 7 miles away from my goal for the year. Guess I better get crackin'!

8 comments:

Kessie said...

Oh wow, I've seen you working on this for ages and never realized there were hearts in it. How cute! I hope the new momma loves it. :-) (I would personally yoink it to take naps under, like I do the one you made for Holly.)

Farm Girl said...

It is very pretty and I am sure the new mom and baby will love it. I love the color and the tiny little hearts. Very sweet, now that gal can have her baby and not be waiting for you to finish the blanky. ;)

Dawn said...

That is just Beautiful! So many hours of "heartful" work!!!!!!!
I love this!

Changes in the wind said...

Gorgeous.....I don't do well with big projects I knit for Preemies...like you I love baby things.

no spring chicken said...

Your blanket is perfect! If I had the stamina this is what I would want to knit next. Right now the thought just overwhelms me. Maybe by the time you get the pattern out...

Blessings, Debbie

Allison said...

How can you possibly say you've fallen behind in the knitting department!!! :D You're so cute. And yes... I'm still waddling along on the green shawl.

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Meg this is absolutely beautiful!!! Wow!
Staci

Unknown said...

Glad to hear about Puerto del Sol. I like their stuff.

And awesome lineup of authors that you get to keep company with
local bulldog puppy breeders

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...