- The promise of fresh, home grown produce requires patience. I do not possess patience.
- Weeding must be done, lest the plants be suffocated.
- Weeding by hand is easier done when the ground is damp.
- It's better to lay drip line before the plants are in, lest you squash the poor, unsuspecting lettuce.
- Gardening is like raising children. Feed and water. Pray over it continuously. Hope they grow big and strong and produce plentiful offspring. Prevent the bad weeds from taking root. Do all you can, and wait to see how it turns out.