July 25, 2011

Finished Knit: Baby Gear


Hello, I'm here to kill you with cuteness.

I finished the baby hat on Friday and I think it turned out pretty cute. I should have put the eyelets for the ribbon up a bit higher, but oh well. I tried it on my niece and it was very adorable, even though it was a bit too small for her (it's less pointy on a head). I started from the top using Elizabeth Zimmerman's technique for the Pi Shawl, increased to the stitches need to get the circumference I wanted, then just kept knitting until I felt like it was a good length.

I had some yarn leftover so I decided to make these completely adorable things


Are these not the cutest stinkin' things you've every seen? They're even cuter in person because they are so very tiny. So. Very. Tiny. I giggle every time I look at them. Just so cute.

I used this pattern for the booties and it is such an easy pattern I finished them within a few hours.

Too cute.

Pattern: Improv Pi Hat & Christine's Baby Booties

Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks in "Fancy Free" - 22 grams/84 yards each

Needles: US 2/2.75 mm Harmony wood DPNS

Knitline: July 16th - July 24th

YTD Mileage: 169 yards total for both projects puts me at 2.80 miles. No where near my goal for the year...

Happy Knitting,
Meg

9 comments:

Farm Girl said...

They are just the cutest things I have ever seen. I just can't wait to see the little tiny baby foot and tiny toes that will wear the booties.
The hat looks so cute with ribbon.
I bet that was a very fun project.

Kessie said...

Okay, I knew the hat was cute, but the booties are ADORABLE!

no spring chicken said...

Did I somehow miss somewhere your sharing that the boys were going to get a sister??

Yes Meg, you did me in. I'm dead. Killed with cuteness. This dead person in glad that you shared the pattern references... I am definitely making these for the grandma hope chest... from the grave.

Blessings, Debbie

Meg said...

Oh no no! I have no idea what this one is yet. I just grabbed pink out of the yarn bin and kinda ran with it.

It would be nice to have a break from the testosterone though. ;)

myletterstoemily said...

oh! i wish i had a baby for those
adorable knit treasures!

wait, i take that back! i'm way too
old. :)

Allison said...

And I was wondering what you'd been up to! You've been hiding out knitting like a nesting dove! :) These are lovely. I always like knitting baby booties.

Changes in the wind said...

They are indeed cute....

no spring chicken said...

Sweet, sweet Meg. You are so on the ball. I LOVE that first Ravelry link, but I want the round faced baby to go in it! If I have time, I'm casting this one on today.

The second one could just kill me with cuteness on a fluffy little girl, leaving the pom poms on of course... :)

As for the spinning wheel, it's on loan from a sweet friend. I don't know any different but it seems wonderful. Very simple to work and a nice shape and size to snug up into a corner or against a wall.

Thanks again for the link!

Blessings, Debbie

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Sweetest things ever!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...