September 8, 2011

A Jack Story

This happened at dinner last night and I laughed so hard I thought y'all would get a kick out of it too.

Last night we had BBQ baked chicken drumsticks, mashed potatoes and rolls for dinner. We were just about done and Jack wanted more milk. We told him he needed to finish his food before he got more milk.

Tyler gets down, puts his dishes away and leaves since he is done. Duder finishes up and does the same, Daddy is done and puts his plate away. And I am done and even start to wash the dishes.

All this time Jack is still munching away on his food very slowly. We tell him a few times to hurry it up and put his dishes away.

I am finally down to one dish to wash and I turn to him and tell him he needs to finish that food and put his dishes away because I am just about done washing.

He turns to me very earnestly and, pointing to his plate, says "I don't want to eat the bones."

Oh I laughed so hard. I laughed and laughed and laughed and had to catch my breath before I could tell him "No, baby you don't have to eat the bones. The bones go in the trash!" He smiled at my laughing and then asked for more milk since he had finished all the edible food. I gave him more milk and then laughed some more.

It was so hilariously adorable. He really thought he had to eat his bones before he could get more milk!

Happy Thursday,
Meg

7 comments:

no spring chicken said...

Can I pleeaassee have him? I promise to take really good care of him! ;)

Thank you for that laugh, I needed it!!

Blessings, Debbie

Farm Girl said...

Oh that is so sweet, Poor Jack, I laughed and laughed too.
Such a sweetie pie.

Rachel said...

Hahaha! What a silly child. He's so adorable.

Kessie said...

Ooooh, that's so cute! I can just hear his cute little voice saying that, too. XD

Allison said...

Ha! There are so many things to say about that on so many levels!! Eating the bones of life... I could write a book on Jack's observation. Tell him I couldn't agree more...

I DON'T WANT TO EAT THE BONES!

:D

Jennifer said...

I love that sometimes they want to obey so purely and completely! Squeeze them cheeks for me.

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Poor thing!! Very very cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...