September 24, 2010

Fiber Friday - 9/24

Welcome to another addition of Fiber Friday! Have I told you how good it feels to be doing Fiber Fridays again? It's nice to round up my progress for the week. I usually just sit and knit on Fridays as my "day off" from cleaning and mommy things, but today I will be out bowling for my little brother's birthday. But of course, I'm totally bringing stuff along to knit in between turns. 

You're not going to believe this, but I only have two small projects going right now. I think I'm in my cool-down period after the big shawl. I need small things right now.

This is my progress on the Endpaper Mitts. They're coming along nicely, and it's such a quick knit. It took me a bit to get the hang of two color knitting, but I found this video on YouTube which has made it so much easier. I had originally tried holding one color in each hand, but as I'm not used to Continental knitting, it was a bit fidgety. If you are having trouble with two color knitting, I highly suggest trying the method in the video.

For as fast as the mitts are going I really should be much farther. Even to the second mitt, but... Well. I got distracted.

Enter the Honey Quartet. It's a fingerless glove pattern I found on Ravelry one night. It's a mystery pattern and I'm a sucker for mystery patterns. I threw aside the Endpapers like a red headed step-child, cast on for these Monday and got this far last night. Talk about fast. Two of three clues are out right now and I can't wait for the third. I think I might put this one on holders and start the second one while I wait for the next clue. The little mini cables are just enough to keep the ribbing interesting, and the 6 row lace repeat is really cute.

I like how she made it match on the thumb as well. Just charming. I think I might make another set of these in a different color.

And here's a picture of my goofball eating breakfast. When I was taking pics of the gloves he says "Mama, take picture Tyty!" He's such a ham.

Alrighty, now it's your turn!

Fiber Friday Link Up Rules:
  • It doesn't have to be knitting. Honestly, it doesn't have to be "fiber" related. Link up anything you've knit/crocheted, quilted, painted, glued together - Whatever! Just anything crafty you've worked on the last week.
  • It doesn't have to be finished. My stuff isn't always finished, why should yours? Just link up any progress so we can see where y'all are at with your crafties!
  • Please link directly to the post itself, not your entire blog. For example, I would not put in my link for "http://bitoflifeblog.blogspot.com", but would put "http://bitoflifeblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/footies.html" which points directly the Footies post.  You can find the URL/address you need by clicking on the title of your post and copying that address.
  • You've got until Sunday at Midnight to add your link!



3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I kept looking and looking today so I could link up. I am so glad you took a picture of TyTy. You guys have fun today. I miss them and you so much.

Kessie said...

I got to link up my basket post! Hooray!

And those are really spiffy gloves. Those will be wonderfully warm in the winter when some of us will be developing a freezing right hand from playing a certain nameless game for countless hours late at night.

...could I have a pair for Christmas? :-) :-)

Meg said...

ROFL! I think maybe that's a good idea. ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...