November 8, 2011

A Plethora of Stuff


Good Morning! It's a beautiful Tuesday here in the neighborhood. We've had a storm over the weekend, which was wonderful. And now it is blue and sunny but a bit chilly outside. We're supposed to get another storm this weekend, which makes me terribly excited.

Today is a random post - Hope you don't mind! :)

The box above has a wonderful story to go along with it. Last Thursday my sister texted me saying she had a present for me and could she come over. When she got here she handed me this box. I asked what it was and she said it was a present for me!

Now, a little background before I show you what's inside. My sister is pretty good friends with her boyfriend's family. Somewhere a long the line a link to my blog came to his mom, who apparently spent a night reading through my blog. Later she asked my sister if I still do embroidery, and my sister, not thinking anything of it said yes, she thought so. (I do, when I'm not craft show prepping.)

Well a few days later his mom handed Rachel (my sister) this box, for me!


Can you BELIEVE it?! A whole stinkin' box just full of beautiful embroidery floss. And it's the nice stuff too! Apparently she found it at a yard sale and thought of me and decided to pick it up for me. This is the sweetest present I've ever received, especially considering I've only seen his mom twice. If you're reading this Sandra - Thank you so much! I love it, and I was so excited and I can't wait to get back to embroidery after the craft show is over.

Speaking of craft show - It's all knitting all the time! But it's good.


Here is just a small handful of the stuff that's going. I have a big box in the closet that just about doubles that amount. I have another Pointed Garter Scarf on the needles, and pair of fingerless mittens I'm designing that I'm absolutely in love with. I'm not sure if it's the design or the completely gorgeous colorway (Knit Picks Stroll in "Foliage Tonal").

Apparently my stress about the craft show is dissipating. I feel more relaxed now, I took a few more steps to getting ready, the letter with times and particulars came, we're set for a dry run this Saturday, I have a logo stamp ordered for the price tags and just the fact that I can keep designing is a good sign (or a crazy sign, not sure). Things are coming along nicely.

I have an "official" domain name for the shop now - www.bitofknittery.com

This will take you to the Etsy shop. I wanted to have a more professional looking web address for my business cards, and this also gives me the opportunity to move away from Etsy in the future if I want to, but still have people go to the same address.

In other news - Ben got a truck full of compost on Saturday! I've never been so excited for dirt. And it's beautiful. Piles of Black Gold. It's the most gorgeous chocolate brown color and it smells wonderful in a wow-this-stinks-but-our-plants-will-be-so-happy sort of way. He got the front and back lawns scalped and reseeded for the winter with a covering of compost, and the rest of the compost will get tilled/mixed into the flower and garden beds. I think we might try for a winter garden if it's not too later to get started!

Well, I think that's all for now. I really just wanted to share my box of precious goodies and post something other than "It's 2 weeks to the craft show and I'm gonna diiiiiie". ;)

Have a wonderful day,
Meg

P.S. - Thank you all for all the encouragement and well wishes and "You can do it, you'll be fine!" It's such a blessing to have so many people who really don't even know me that have my back and are cheering me on. My blog friends are wonderful, wonderful people. *hugs*

8 comments:

Farm Girl said...

It all looks so good and wow what a neat box of thread.
It works just like yarn, you just start buying it. I always think that embroidery thread is just a box full of dreams. I can't wait until your show. It is going to be so much fun.

Marti said...

What a great present. It's nice to have such a big assortment of colors at your finger tips. You have a lot of nice knitted things. Bet your fingers have calluses.

Kessie said...

I used to do a lot of embroidery and cross stitch in my tender years, so that much thread, in all those colors, looks like a complete gold mine.

What are those knitted balls in your picture? The munchkins demanded to know what they were, and I didn't know.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

The mittens are my favorite. I can't wait to see what you do with all the embroidery floss.

Dawn said...

I am not NEAR as crafty as you....but that box of goodies is something I would want;D
Very lucky indeed!

no spring chicken said...

I'm glad that I was missed on your cheerleading squad! I've certainly missed being here.

Your knits are beautiful... of course. And I can't wait to see what beauty comes off your 'other' needle when the show is over. What fun it will be to dig into that treasure box and bring life to a fresh piece of linen? Muslin?

Blessings, Debbie

myletterstoemily said...

wow, that is the jack sparrow treasure
chest of yarn . . . thread? whatever,
you will make something splendid
with it!

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

What a truly heartfelt gift. I'm so happy to hear your excitement about the craft fair and what a wonderful idea with the website. Beautiful items you've made!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...