February 12, 2010

Favorite Thing Friday: Flowers

 
I think maybe I'm just desperate for spring and warm weather right now. One of my favorite things is flowers. The smells, the colors, the idea of life appearing after months and months of grey and dreary. Ben is itchin' so bad to get flowers in the front planter. I'm hoping we'll have some extra money soon for him to do that. My mom-in-law gave me a hyacinth on Wednesday. It has opened and has made the whole house smell GORGEOUS. It's sitting in our kitchen and I love walking in and seeing the beautiful purple/blue color of it. I hope we have lots and lots of flowers all over our property this year. 

The picture above is of a day lily we had in our planter last year. And I can't remember what those little blue flowers were called, but they lasted for EVER and were so pretty. I love plants that have little tiny flowers. 

Every time we go to Lowe's or Home Depot and walk in the garden section we talk about what kind of flowers we want to get. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you like flowers too.
Once when Ben was a little kid, he said that the thing that was so hard about growing up was that he couldn't have flowers. I told him that when he grew up he could have a house with lots of flowers and it would be okay. I am still glad he loves flowers and you do too. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...