October 29, 2010

FK: Honey Quartet


Ahh, fingerless gloves. I think I'm developing an obsession. I don't know why I let these sit so long. They were done but for the thumbs. So I knit those on real quick, weaved in the ends, and Ta-da! Another pair of fingerless mitts.

After finishing the ones for my sister, I had gotten an idea for another pair. Then I remembered I had these. And also the Endpaper Mitts, so I pulled them out as well. I'm going to have a plethora of fingerless gloves.



I like the way these turned out, even though I wish I had done them in a black or deep red. They are a bit on the tight side, but the pattern notes that it should be that way to open up the lace repeats. I enjoyed knitting these a lot. The lace pattern added enough interest so they weren't too boring but also not too intense. And the little twisted stitch cables in the ribbing make for an interesting design element. I think I might make another pair of these later on.



Pattern: Honey Quartet by Annika Abbott

Yarn: Knit Picks Essential in "Carnation" - a little less than a ball

Needles: US 1/2.25mm Susan Bates Quicksilver DPNs

Pattern Notes: I did the long, completely fingerless version, reversing the cables for the second glove.

YTD Mileage: Weighing in at 40 grams, these gloves came to about 185 yards, giving a new YTD total of 4.45 miles! I just might make it to 5 miles by the end of the year.


Happy Knitting,

4 comments:

Kessie said...

Those came out really good! You should knit one for every color, so you'd have some that go with everything. Make black next!

Farm Girl said...

They are just lovely! I like the color too.
I had to take Shelbie to the vet and put her down so now the boys will be safe.
I am so glad in a way.
I am very glad we still have Sasha.

Meg said...

Oh no! That's so sad. Well yes, at least you still have Sasha. She is a very good baby dog.

myletterstoemily said...

such beautiful pink gloves! my daughter
just finished a tiny newborn hat!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...