October 25, 2010

FK: Photog Mitts


Last week my sister sent me a message asking me to please make her some fingerless mitts because her fingers freeze to death and try to fall off her body when she's taking pictures out in the cold. She's a photographer. This is a problem.

So of course I said yes, because it means more knitting! Yay! And with a purpose! Double Yay!

(Picture I took with my sister's fancy Canon. Way better than my point-and-shoot.)

At first I had thought I would just make some regular stockinette gloves, but then I thought, "Hey, it's my sister. They can't be boring." So I designed these with the cable running up the back, offset a little toward the thumb. Just to make it a little interesting.

I think they turned out fabulously. They were a very quick knit - this pair took me less than a week, but would have been less had I had more time to sit and knit. And boy are they warm. I wore them around before she came to get them and I almost didn't hand them over.

But then I remembered I can make my own.


Pattern: Photog Mitts by Meg 

Yarn: Knit Picks Essential in "Ash" - not even a 1/3 of a ball

Needles: US 2/2.75mm Harmony wood DPNs

YTD Mileage: 4.62 grams = 143 yards, making a new YTD total of 4.34 miles!

Happy Knitting,


2 comments:

Kessie said...

Those are fabulous! I love the designs on them. You're really an artist. :-)

Meg said...

Wow, thank you! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...