February 9, 2012

Finished Knit: A Pair of Socks


I finished these last week and completely forgot to post them until I put them on this morning.

Funny how the memory (or brain power in general) is the first thing to go when you're supporting another life form.

I have had this yarn for ages, and ages, not really knowing what to do with it. While I like the colors individually, I never really liked how it knit up well enough to do something large with it. I don't think I would like it in a sweater or something like that, and I don't think I'd like it in a pair of fingerless mittens, although I might try it. But I wanted a small project for the doctor's office last week and thought a pair of socks for myself would work nicely. And I do have to admit, I like this colorway as socks.


Pattern: Generic Socks

Yarn: Araucania Ranco Multi in "Well, I'm not sure I think it's that number on the ball band" -  53 grams/200 yards

Needles: US 1/2.5mm (for ribbing) and US 2/2.75 mm (for foot) Harmony wood DPNs

Knitline: January 24th - February 1st

YTD Mileage: .94 miles! Nearly one mile so far, and just barely into the second month

Happy Knitting,
Meg

6 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I am still amazed that you are getting as much done as you do, at this stage of the game, I was such bump on a log. I just sat and stared out the window. You are still doing so good. I hope you get to rest today.

Kessie said...

Huh, those are really interesting colors. It works fine for socks, though. I hope you're feeling okay and sleeping good. I can never sleep at this stage because of bladder issues and my hips ache so much.

Kim said...

Those socks are almost as cute as mine :)

no spring chicken said...

I love them! You're right, the colors are great for socks...

You forgot one thing though. I tried to hit generic socks, it should be a link. You had to know that we would want a link!

Blessings, Debbie

Thistle Cove Farm said...

beautiful job! makes me think I should drag out some sock yarn and DPN's and try socks...again.

Kimberly said...

oh I love them! I love cozy socks.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...