|My kitchen actually looks like this a lot.|
So for some reason I feel like I should share this today.
I think I've done a good job fooling you all into thinking I'm some amazing June-Cleaver-esque type of person who's house is always wonderful and clean and perfect, even with 3 small boys running around.
But now I have to tell you the truth - the secrets to keeping my sanity while keeping the house.
1. I usually don't wash the breakfast dishes until after lunch. They idea of doing dishes that many times in one day makes me feel ill.
2. I don't sweep up the kitchen floor until after lunch (or sometimes dinner), and even then it's usually right before Ben gets home.
3. I can't believe I'm putting this one out where my mother-in-law can see it... Most days when the table cloth is dirty I just shake it out and flip it over to the clean side. I get two to three meals/days out of it this way before I need to wash it again. (I've tried vinyl tablecloths and I really just prefer fabric.) I do freshly wash it for company though.
4. I don't do it all by myself. I make my kids dust and (try to) sweep and mop floors and make their beds and they always clean up their toys. I mean... that's why we give birth to the little minions, isn't it?
5. Some weeks the bathroom just don't get cleaned.
6. While most Mondays are pretty good, sometimes the laundry doesn't get folded until Tuesday (or Wednesday *cough*).
7. Unspeakable things have been found growing in my fridge.
8. I've had "wash windows" on my to do list for 4 months and just now got around to doing it.
See? No where near June Cleaver. But my family gets fed and everyone's reasonably clean and usually wearing clothes. If I can do it, so can you! ;)