April 22, 2011

Fiber Friday

Still the same.

Not a whole lot of knitting going on this week. I don't think I've touched the Green Thing all week. I've been busy doing other things. Things like....

Sorry for the crap picture.


Wednesday and Thursday I took a pattern, some fabric and my Trusty Steed (sewing machine) and popped out a dress.

Only... it doesn't fit. It's a wee bit on the tight side. Which I was afraid might happen. Good news is I found something that my boobs are actually too big to fit into. So I'm not terribly upset about it. ;)

I used a 5/8" seam allowance, so I figure I'll just re-seam with with a smaller allowance and that should give me the wiggle room. I can get it on and still breath, it's just a little uncomfortable.

Also good news is I think I might have enough let over to make a half apron. We'll see!

So, has anyone else been working on projects this week?

Happy Friday!
Meg

6 comments:

Kessie said...

Aw, but it's so cute! But how can you wear it if your boobs are too big? Put a shirt over the top? XD

Meg said...

Haha! I can just adjust the ease and let it out a little. I just have to work up the desire to practically re-sew the whole dress. =\

Farm Girl said...

I love the material and I am glad you found out something like that. :)
You did a very nice job.
Alas, I have nothing to show someday I will be sewing again, but nothing yet.
Have a lovely day.

Dawn said...

That;s a wonderful picture. Very cute!!!!
Happy Easter:)

Allison said...

Oh, so you have trouble finding things too small for your boobs, too? I thought that was just me! :D And after nursing four (count 'em) FOUR children... mine are reduced to empty water balloons (sorry, I couldn't resist). :)

Cute dress! You're amazing, Meg. I could never just "pop" out a dress. xoxo

Anonymous said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...