February 1, 2011

Finished Knit: Man Mitts


Hey, look! Something other than Emilies! :D


A customer asked for a pair of fingerless mitts for her husband's Valentine's day present, but needed something "manly" and cable-less.

Manly model hands by my manly husband.

So I worked a plain pair with ribbing at the top and bottom, and two purl stitches running up each side to snug them up a bit.

A nice "meat and potatoes" pair that should keep his hands warm but his fingers free while he's out taking pictures!


Pattern: Man Mitts by Meg

Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll in "Ash" - 35 grams/162 yards

Needles: US 2/2.75 mm Harmony wood

Knitline: January 25th - 29th

YTD Mileage: .59 miles.

5 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Very nice manly gloves. Really good pictures too.

Allison said...

Nice! Though I do like a manly cable now and then... like the scandanavian fishermen! ;)

Top-knotch man-hands, too, if you ask me. :)

Allison said...

I added a pic of the blanket I knitted for my eldest to the humble knits page. It fits a twin bed. :)

Jennifer said...

Those are deceivingly manly. It might have something to do with the furry arms. They remind me of my husband's. Nice work, sister!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Very manly. I love the color too!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...