February 21, 2011

Monday Randomness

It's Monday, and you know what that means!

- I've come to the conclusion, after spending days trying to come up with a topic to write about, that I just can't stick to topics. I seem to be a very random person, and I should just stick to that. Although I've been slowing writing up a Back To Basics post for how to cast on and work the knit stitch.


- I planted Morning Glories around our Wisteria, and they are sprouting! I'm so, so excited. I'm kind of hoping they will choke out the Wisteria and take over. I just love Morning Glories, they're such beautifully delicate flowers.


- This was supposed to be the weekend to start the Great Backyard Landscape of 2011. Ben was going to take Friday off, but that changed when all the weather sources were predicting rain all day long. So he went to work, and it was sunny all day until about 2! Isn't that how it always works? Heh. I hope we can get started on it soon though. I'm itching to get the garden in and growing while it's still fairly early in the year. I hope it will go well this year and we can eat from it all summer.

- Knitting has been a bit of the same ol' stuff from my house tour post. Still the blue pair of Emilies, mostly the yellow baby blanket, and still the teal Pointed Garter scarf, which I haven't touched in probably a week. I'm thinking about starting a sweater, but I can't find the one that's "just right" (which means I might wind up designing one - yikes!). And I keep reminding myself that summer is coming and I won't wear it by the time I finish it.

I've had a whole bunch of design ideas that I've roughly sketched out and have pinned all over my bulletin board, but they aren't solid enough in my head to really work on yet.

- I'm in a food/cooking slump. This week is my end-of-month-no-shopping week, so I won't be getting new ingredients, but does anyone have some new food ideas? I'll see if I have the ingredients. Something other than the usual spaghetti, tacos, macaroni, etc.

- I'm having a yarn craving - I want to buy so much yarn that the post man looks at me weird when he delivers enough yarn for me swim in.

- I have found a new love: Earl Grey tea. I haven't had it since I was a kid, and back then I didn't really appreciate tea. I picked up the store brand last time I was there, and it's heavenly. I could actually just open the sleeve and smell it all day long without brewing it. The florally citrus scent is wonderful.

- I've been a horrible housewife this last week. The dishes have lingered, the trashes didn't get emptied, the bathroom mirrors are still dirty. Time to get my butt in gear this week and get it all done. But I really just want to play with yarn... *sigh*

It's Monday! Make today wonderful, so the rest of the week can live up to it!


Have a great day,
Meg

P.S. - I'm trying a new comments addon - I hope it's not too terrible for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...