November 18, 2010

Week of Thanks :: Day 1


 We're a week away from Thanksgiving and I thought it would be fun to fill this week with things I am thankful for. One for each day. My mom-in-love does Thankful Thursday nearly every week, so I figured today was a good day to start. Although really, I am thankful for lots of things every day.

I am writing this at 11:00 pm Wednesday. This past week I have been suffering from a bout of insomnia. I haven't been able to fall asleep until at least 11, most times much later. I haven't had this problem since I was a teenager! I am thinking my kids must be old enough now that I am getting too much sleep! Ha!

My husband always says that it would be awesome to be an insomniac because think of all the things you could get done! You would have so much time! Right now, I am very frustrated that I can't fall asleep. But laying in bed made me think:

I am very thankful for time.

Time with my husband, time with my babies, time to read and knit and bake. Time to sit and relax (no matter how tiny that time is). Time to pay bills, and grocery shop, and write blog posts. Time to dream. And time to sleep, when it finally happens.

Time is a very precious gift that God gives us. And so often I don't enjoy the moment of time while I'm in it. But even when I don't use it to the best of it's ability - even if that means just sitting and breathing - I am very thankful I have that time.

Have a wonderful, thankful day,

2 comments:

Kessie said...

That's a good thing to do on the week leading up to Thanksgiving. Funny, I was insomniac real bad last night, too. I think it's because I ran out of iron. I can't sleep when I'm not taking iron.

Sounds like you're redeeming the time, though!

Farm Girl said...

This is a very nice post about time. I have never thought about it. So sorry you aren't sleeping.
About Tomorrow, I will let you know.
I will send you a text. I love that you are doing a thankful days post I will enjoy what you write.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...