November 24, 2010

Week of Thanks :: Day 7

Today, on the final day of my Week of Thanks, I am thankful for the freedom I have been given.

I am thankful to that small group of people who got fed up so many years ago and left Europe for the ability to worship as they pleased.

I am thankful to those who have fought and died to protect that freedom along the way.

I live in a country where we all have the freedom to do nearly anything we choose. I can worship as I choose. I can wear what I choose. I can raise my kids as I choose. I've had the freedom to stay home, but I also have the freedom to work if I chose to. We've had the freedom to buy a house, when we want, where we want, for the price we want. We have the freedom to choose our leaders and who we want in charge.

We have the freedom to do just about anything. And for that, I am eternally grateful and thankful to those who have made it possible.

So as Thanksgiving comes upon us tomorrow: What are you thankful for?


Happy, safe and peaceful Thanksgiving to you all,
Meg

3 comments:

Allison said...

I am thankful today for the creek I visited when I ran through the deep forest alone in the icy air. I am thankful that I didn't actually fall when I slipped on that patch of ice - thankful, I suppose to be alive. :)

Rita said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Farm Girl said...

I am thankful too for all of those things you named. Now, I am really thankful I get to hang out with my kids all day!!
See ya later

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...