January 31, 2011

Goodbye January

Good Monday morning to ye! Hey, guess what. Tomorrow's the first day of February. Can you believe it? I'm not sure how we got here, but it was a good month to start off the year.


Let's start off the day with a freebie! I posted the short little pattern for the Pointed Garter Scarf in it's finished post, but I've now put an Official PDF on Ravelry! You can download it here (that's a direct link that will give you a dialogue box), if you'd like. The powers that be have made it so you don't need to be a member of Ravelry to get it, but if you're at all involved with fiber arts I would totally join. It's the best place on the web! (For those with fiber addictions anyways.) Or, if you'd prefer a copy without having to download it you can email me at bitoflifeblog(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll shoot it over to you.

I've been headache free ever since I posted about them last week. Apparently all I needed to do was talk trash about them - they got annoyed and left! Still have no idea what caused them. Mom thought it might have been an allergy to the silk I was working with, but after a 24 hour avoidance and coming back to it the next day, I still had no headache. Ben says it was probably our not-so-lovely air quality, which is most likely it. I'm just really glad it wasn't the silk.

I finished one of the heart mitts yesterday and am working on the second now. Hoping to have those finished by the end of the week and up on Etsy for sale. I'm thinking about doing them in red next - a color called "Serrano". I've also cast on for another pair of plain mitts for a customer, and am thinking about casting on another Pointed Garter to use up two balls of the same yarn I used for mine, but in a tealy-green color.


Yesterday was a wonderfully rainy day, but now we're back to fog. And then it's supposed to be sunny and 60's next week. I can't wait for warmth. And spring. And flowers. Oh I really can't wait for flowers. Ben will be doing the sprinklers in the back yard with part of our tax return and I'm afraid I'll blow the rest of the yard budget on a truckload of flowers.

Today is Monday and that means bread making and house cleaning. So I better get to it.

Have a great week,
Meg

4 comments:

Allison said...

So you're one of those women who clean on Mondays, are you? I have a friend who does that and I am constantly lamenting the fact that she is dusting-free by Friday. It just isn't fair how some people are exceptionally organised and gifted at household management. ;)

I'm hankering for a pair of new mitts for Valentine's Day. What do you think of pink and red striped? Dare I try it? :D :D :D

Allison said...

and p.s. I'm a member at Ravelry. Thanks for the pattern, Meg!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I was reading Woman's Day Magazine this weekend and thought of you. There was a pair if mittens done in white. One hand had a red heart and the other had a black U. They were adorable. I bet you could wipe them up in no time.

Allison said...

p.s.s. I'm no speedy road runner knitter like you, Meg, but I created a page on my blog called "my humble knits" on the left if you want to have a look. I'm trying to put pictures of everything I've ever knitted, which isn't very much and most of which I've given away as gifts! I'll keep adding, but I need to get more pictures. ;) Thought you might be interested, anyway. Hugs!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...