January 16, 2010

What's Cookin': Banana Bread Pudding


Or, Banana Bread Bread Pudding. Say THAT five times fast.

More from-the-freezer cooking! I had leftover banana bread muffins that have been in the freezer since... Umm... I'll get back to you on that. They weren't getting eaten as muffins so they got recycled as bread pudding. We sure are eating it this way.

Banana Bread Pudding - makes about 6 servings

4 C (ish) of banana bread, cubed - leftovers! It took about 8 muffins for me
4 eggs, beaten - .56
1 C milk - .14
1 can pineapple chunks, minced - .88 (or a can of crushed pineapple, drained well)
1 Tbs cinnamon -.30

Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish. Combine the bread cubes and half the pineapple and place in the dish. Mix together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and the rest of the pineapple. Pour over the cubes. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 - 40 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. It will still be moist from the pineapple. Serve with cream or ice cream.

Total: 1.88

Variations: When I make bread pudding with regular bread I usually add brown sugar as well (about 3 - 4 Tbs). But I figured it would be sweet enough since it was banana bread. The pineapple idea I got from my mom. You can omit it if you want. There were already nuts in the bread so I didn't need to add them like I would for normal bread pudding. I've also used chopped up leftover cinnamon rolls as well which was horribly yummy. If you want to go really over the top, replace the milk with heavy cream.

Ben Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading every comment and I will try to get back to you if I'm able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...